UX Developer, Dec 2014 – June 2018
Helped author and implement front-end best practices, internal development tools, and documentation, including code linters, standards and style guides, and participated in peer reviews of all production code.
Oomph, Inc., Boston, MA
Front-End Developer, July 2012 – Feb 2014
Worked solo or coordinated with a small team of developers at a WordPress VIP partner. Created themes, interactive modules, and other front-end styles and components for WordPress and Drupal client sites.
eMagine Communications, Taunton, MA
Website Maintenance, March 2010 – March 2012
Responsible for servicing client requests for website updates and custom enhancements, as well as providing support for Joomla, WordPress and our proprietary .NET CMS platforms. Client projects included custom template and layout designs and development, as well as analytics & CRM integration, content implementation, designing & deploying email campaigns, interactive site components, and mobile site development.
Rhode Island College Graphics, Providence, RI
Graphics Supervisor, May 2009 – Jan 2010
Student Graphics Designer, March 2008 – May 2009
Provided design, advertising and marketing services for students and organizations on campus, specializing in large format print services, logo, flyer, pamphlet, and apparel design, as well as social media and online marketing design and consulting.
As supervisor, helped streamline organization, established a formal project workflow, expanded digital services, and enhanced production quality.
- Semantic, accessible and valid HTML5
- CSS, with SCSS and PostCSS preprocessors
- Asset bundlers webpack and Grunt
- Authoring templates with PHP and JSX
- ReactJS site themes and components
- Performance audits with Lighthouse
- Code standards with ESLint and stylelint
- Rapid prototyping with HMR or Gatsby
- PHP and MySQL
- Extending WordPress core
- Drupal theme development
- Version control with Git and subversion
- Proficient with Unix shell commands
- Hosting with Pantheon and WordPress VIP
- WordPress VIP code standards
- Adding and customizing AMP support
- WooCommerce, bbPress & BuddyPress
UX & Graphic Designer
- Wireframes, mockups & style tiles with Sketch
- Graphics and photo editing with Adobe Photoshop
- Collaboration with Zeplin and InVision
- Logo, icon & SVG design with Adobe Illustrator
- Desktop publishing layouts with Adobe InDesign
Panel Speaker: 2016
Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
Graphic Communications, Jan 2008 – Jan 2010
Pursued a BA in Graphic Communications. Coursework included graphic design work, preparing prepress layouts & graphics, web development, current trends, and communications theory.